Two Factor Authentication (also known as 2FA), is an extra layer of security requiring not only a password and username but also something that only a user has on them, most often – a phone.
Here’s a user’s guide on how to set-up your 2FA:
- The first step is to download “Google Authenticator” on your Mobile Device from Apple App Store or Android Google Play.
- After successfully signing up at HODL Finance loan portal, you will be asked to activate two-factor authentication:
- Next step is to open your downloaded Google Authenticator on IOS or Android and press “+” in the top-right corner.
- You will be offered two options: “Scan barcode” or “Manual entry”:
- If you choose “Scan Barcode”, you will need to direct your camera at the barcode in order to scan it:
- If you choose “Manual Entry”, you will be asked to fill in “Account” (email used for registration) and Authenticator Code into the field “Key”:
“Key” is provided to you as Authenticator Code:
- After a successful barcode scan or manual entry, the verification pin will appear in the google authenticator app, for example:
- The final step is to enter this pin into “Your Verification Pin” field and click “Submit”:
- When logging in you will be asked to enter the authenticator code which is displayed in your mobile device.
It is automatically refreshed every 30 seconds.